I want to share with you what my good friend and mentor Paul Nickerson about the difference between Wishes vs. Actions.
Those are all wonderful “wishes” but the key for them to come true is what we do daily. The road from a “wish” to a “reality” is based on what we concretely do everyday to make a difference.
So as you begin 2017, what are some daily practices that you could adopt to see your church flourish? A few suggestions include:
- Daily praying for your neighborhood and getting out and doing prayer walks.
- Get groups meeting, not in the church parlor, but in local restaurants and coffee shops.
- Write a note to a friend or neighbor, inviting them to your house for a dinner, or to a church mission opportunity.
- Interview a community leader to see how your church might have a greater impact.
- Lead a book study or Bible study out in the community and engage others.
Wishing you faith and impact in 2017